How is it different
The Waterfall platform inherits and improves the most promising features of Ethereum 2.0. In addition, there are a few significant advantages due to a brand-new consensus protocol, horizontal scaling with subnetworks, and the tokenomics model:
- High performance – system-scalable DAG-based block structures enable the simultaneous publication of multiple blocks. This forms a DAG and achieves finality for all transactions, provided the blocks do not conflict with one another. Because of this, Waterfall has the potential to process Visa, MasterCard, and Union Pay simultaneously on the decentralized layer 1, even during peak times. According to the most recent intermediary lab tests, our protocol was able to process 3,600 transactions per second. The test was conducted on Amazon EC2 (t3a.small). By comparison, Visa processes approximately 1,700 transactions per second.
- Low transaction fees – the system architecture and tokenomics are designed to keep fees at a minimum in various scenarios. The protocol scales dynamically with the growth of the network load. As long as the entire system’s performance is being expanded, more blocks are published in the same slot simultaneously, and transaction fees are reduced as the system scales. This keeps actions in the transaction pool low, even during peak times.
- Low financial entry threshold – a node of 6 Workers costs 192,000 WATER (1,920 USD) and an extra 48,000 WATER are charged for free.
- Embedded tokens – release and maintenance of tokens (including NFTs) do not demand special smart contracts, but are carried out with ordinary transactions that significantly reduce overhead charges. In addition, this makes their usage more accessible to a wide range of users.
- Dynamic adjustment – there are mechanisms to dynamically adapt system parameters, depending on the changing situation. In particular, the slot time, the size of the spray width, the optimal number of Workers, and a few other parameters are adjusted automatically. This approach allows network behavior to achieve self-sustainability throughout its entire lifecycle.
Therefore, the Waterfall platform ensures a favorable environment for the provision and consumption of a wide spectrum of enterprise-class services for business and social activities, in a convenient format within the framework of a public decentralized network.